Our New Zealand office has been keeping us up-to-date regarding the impact of Monday’s earthquake on cargo transportation. Below, please find the latest update on port and road conditions:
- Auckland, Tauranga, Napier, Lyttleton, & Nelson ports are operating as usual.
- Centreport Wellington remains closed until further notice, as the port is still undergoing assessments so it can resume operations safely.
- The road between Nelson and Blenheim is open and currently unaffected.
- Trucking capacity is limited between Marlborough and Christchurch due to road conditions. A surcharge has not yet been implemented to cover the additional mileage costs.
- A surcharge has been implemented for trucking cargo from Christchurch to the North Island to cover additional mileage expenses.
Please click to view the Earthquake Update Press Release in its entirety.
We will continue to keep you informed of the restoration process following the earthquake. As always, please feel free to contact us with questions or concerns.